Monday, April 7, 2008

My "thing"


Everyone has their thing. Mine is cutting my hair.
Whenever I feel like I need a new phase in my life, I chop off some hair. It is my way of forgetting the past, it signifies a rebirth in a way, a new phase of me.
Today I cut 8 inches off of my hair. Drastic, yes, but I think it reflects the drastic changes I am making in my life. I need to move on, let my ghosts go, and allow the reinvention to begin. I want to be able to leap into an entirely new experience, but I need to allow myself to change. Giving in to a dramatic haircut takes guts. Once I can work up the courage to trust in a new look, I know that I can sum up the courage to make other, more important, changes.
So, a new look, a new me. It's my thing, it's how I begin to prepare to deal with my many, MANY, issues.
(really cute picture, I know, I am a goof.)

1 comment:

Nancy Williams said...

Pictures! We need pictures!